Thursday, June 18, 2009

Secure pool area at the cost of a Sunday

Well with the sad story of 2 local kids falling and being found in their pool by their older brothers and both now in ICU, I am happy to say my husband, father and I installed one of the baby fences around my pool. In all honesty I am not sure which is more dangerous, the potential of my children falling in the pool or asking my husband to install this fence on a sunny, hot Sunday. Let me start by saying I purchased this fence last year direct from the manufacturer to save some money and figured I would pay to have it installed. Well, with the lowest estimate being $2100 for installation only, I decided to rent the tool necessary for $160. You do the math, sounds like a good idea, right??? Not so much! My husband is great and demolition, building, etc., but the attention to detail or exact measurements not so much. That's where "Daddy" comes in. My dad is somewhat of a thinker/problem solver when it comes to projects and my husband has the patience of a 2 year old. So I get the 300lb tool with the 3 kids in tow and we rise early on Sunday to get started. Stephen and I figured we would lay it all out, get started and I would take the boys to the Dr. when my dad got there. We started at 7:30am, my dad got there at 9:00 and by 9:30 the drilling started. We only needed to make 48 holes. After 2 hours and 2 holes, my husband started getting a little impatient, hot and lets say bothered. He suggested switching to the other side where it was more shaded and I explained why he couldn't, he did not like my response but when "Daddy" expressed the same reasoning, Stephen listens. 1/2 way thru and 8 hours later, Stephen felt bad that my dad was spending his entire Sunday doing this so he suggested my dad leave. My dad refused saying he didnt mind, but the truth is my dad realized him being there keeps Stephen from yelling, my yelling back, Stephen ruining my new concrete, us not getting the job done in time and the chance of my moving back with mom and dad with 3 kids and a dog!!!! Well thanks to my dads help and patience, me moving along side my husband with an umbrella and my husbands willingness to please me and get this fence up, my children are safe!

No comments:

songs